Infection Control within our practice
Due to recent events in the media, we would like to bring to your attention the Infection Control guidelines within our practice.
- All staff are fully trained in Prevention and Control of Infection in adherence with Australian and New Zealand guidelines.
- Dental instruments are sterilised in autoclaves (similar to those that are used in hospitals) and are pre-packed
- Strict record systems are in place to track both sterilisation cycles and patient usage
- Single –use materials and instruments are only used once and safely disposed of within specialised equipment. These include (but not limited to) hypodermic needles, syringes, and local anaesthetic cartridges.
- Amalgam and some tooth-filling substances are pre-packaged and are protected from contamination
- The use of gloves, face masks and gown is compulsory for all clinical staff. These items are replaced with each patient and in longer appointments, during the treatment.
- Patients are fitted with eye goggles and bib for each treatment
- Materials and instruments are placed on specially cleaned trays and placed near the dental chair with each patient
- Our surgeries are cleaned for each patient. Dental chair, dental light, counter tops and other surfaces are cleaned with surface disinfectants and are covered with protective films and barriers
- Greenvale Dental Group ensures all sterilisation processes to be adhered to between patients. This may result in a time delay for your appointment, however your health and safety (and that of our staff) are our highest priority.
Greenvale Dental Group only use Australian Owned laboratories and Australian approved dental products (where possible) to ensure we know the components and quality of the products we use.